Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Manchester's Tesco Value Susan Hall getting rinsed

She's the new Tory mayoral candidate for GM after the previous one defected to Reform.

https://twitter.com/LauraEvansTeam/status/1773316930360717783

Criticising an actually pretty decent scheme that's due to be expanded to reach the centre of Rochdale.  Nice colours, really decent surfaces, the only change to the road is the loss of on-street car parking spaces.  Those spaces have been relocated to a brand new car park, so no loss overall of parking capacity.  Nice to see nobody agrees with a word she says.

This lot have also recently been campaigning against a walking and cycling crossing that was petitioned for by a local schoolgirl.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

chrisonabike | 1 month ago
3 likes

Also available for sending up on the "Drivers and their problems" thread.

She should be challenging the other parties on their continual refusal to condemn cyclists riding at 60mph through red lights going the wrong way down the footpaths with babies impaled on their handlebars - which of course is blocking ambulances from getting through, causing congestion, killing local town centres and causing a SLUMP IN HOUSE PRICES!

andystow replied to chrisonabike | 1 month ago
5 likes

chrisonabike wrote:

...and causing a SLUMP IN HOUSE PRICES!

Any time I read "slump in house prices" I try to mentally replace it with "improved housing affordability."

Unless it's my house, of course.

brooksby replied to andystow | 1 month ago
0 likes

It doesnt really matter what your house is worth unless you are planning on selling it or getting some sort of secured loan, IMO.  YMMV.

andystow replied to brooksby | 1 month ago
1 like

brooksby wrote:

It doesnt really matter what your house is worth unless you are planning on selling it or getting some sort of secured loan, IMO.  YMMV.

I am planning on selling it within the next few years. I'm fortunate/unfortunate to live in a city with relatively low housing prices and have paid off my house. Mine has appreciated some in the ~20 years I've owned it, but if I move to nearly any other city it would buy maybe half of a smaller house.

Latest Comments